Monday, September 27, 2010

My Sandwich Has 145 Grains of Sand In It


The guy painting this must also be one of the guys posting those wonderful ads on Craigslist.
....................................................
There are ads a'plenty on Craigslist where the guy writing it couldn't spell his way out of a wet paper bag.
When you're a kid trying to sell your well-used-but-not-well-cared-for dirt bike, that's bad enough.
When you try to make yourself sound like you're the No. 1 motorcycle mechanic in the state and you place an ad on Craigslist trying to lure people to your shop for some business, spelling the words in your ad like they were written by a two-year-old won't cut it.
........................................................
You think I'm kidding, eh?
Well, Bucky, I invite you to take a look at some of these ads and decide for yourself.
He's one I just made-up, but will give an example as to what some of these geniuses spell words like:
...................................................
Got an old bike that needs to bee freshned up, or how about that bober or chopper you allways wanted as a kid.Maybe some custum wheel or crome too.
Dirt bikes street bikes drag bikes,it dont matter to me I can do them all.
From the simple tuneup to a compleet overhall I can take care of you.
I've been working on bikes for 25 yeers so I know what works and what dont.
My bikes always run wright.
Just ask around youl see.
Just ask about big charlies bikes,people know me.
Call me to make an apoinment at 123 456 7890.
.....................................................
Does Big Charlie actually expect to lure people to his mega-shop with this?
Maybe like-minded dimwits who can't remember lefty-loosey, righty-tighty, and all of that complicated stuff.
I'd expect the average guy to run in the opposite direction.
Actually, I believe I was being rather conservative in that example, going by what I've been reading in the real ads on Craigslist.
Next time, maybe Big Charlie will have his 2-year-old neighbor proof read it for him, first.
.........................................................
Off to jerk,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment