Friday, September 17, 2010

135 Foods That Give You Gas

Well, that 2008 Yamaha WR-250R is down the road and in the hands of somebody else.
With me, that's just fine and dandy, and I hope the new owner, a guy from Rhode Island named Dan, has a lot of fun with it.
He seems to know about dirt bikes, so I think he'll be all set.
Good luck, Dan. :)

Now, it's time to search for another bike to take the place of the WR-250R.
My firebreather WR-250FY ain't going anywhere because I like that bike too much and I haven't gotten anywhere near the point of becoming tired of it.
So, that means I want to get something that is street-legal, and can be ridden back-and-forth to work, as well as off-road.
Two Yamaha models come to mind and are my main focus in this search:

1) Yamaha TW-200.
Fat-tired dual-purpose bike made for slow trail riding.
As I said in a recent post, I've owned two of these in the past, so I know all about them.
They're at their best with off-road woods exploring at a snail's pace, as in blazing your own trail through the woods, or picking your way down an existing trail.
This bike would be ideal for closely examining the trails in the Pachaug rock pile, something that I honestly can't do when whizzing along on the WR-250FY.
The WR is much more for speed, and feels good doing it.
The TW is for slow, and when you're going slow, you can learn the lay of the land in finer detail, and there is a fair bit of trail mileage out there that I haven't been on for years, let alone memorize it.
This is the bike for that kind of stuff.

2) Yamaha WR-450F.
Any model year would be good, but, the newer, the better, naturally.
It's basically the 450cc version of the WR-250FY, and although the WR-250FY is probably the better bike for a small guy like me out in Pachaug, I've always wanted one, and would like to have one.
I'd love to fine one already registered in Connecticut and save the time and expense of putting another bike through DMV inspection in Wethersfield.
But, if I came across the right deal, I'd get one.
It would be my kind of a dual-purpose bike:
Literally a dirt bike with a license plate on the back, one that craves real off-road riding, yet allowing you to ride it home on the street.
This is good fun.

I've already sent an E-mail off to a guy with a 1993 TW-200 for sale on the Westerly, RI. Craigslist for a fair price, so we'll see if he's still got the bike for sale.

Off to jerk,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment