Saturday, September 25, 2010

I Just Had 143 Cups of Coffee @_@

Half-day freebee Saturday.
Weeeee!
It's basically a tradition with me.
I do this because working on Saturday is a habit with me, basically, since for most of my life, I was required to work on Saturdays, and often Sundays, too.

Anybody who works in a retail store that sells things aimed at weekend activities - and who doesn't like working weekends - is in the wrong gig.
Period.
I can't say that it tickles me senseless, but, I never had a problem with it.
I have worked with people who did have a problem with it, and these people are the ones who happened to get the job by chance, not because that's what they truly wanted to do in life.
I could tell some funny stories related to this stuff, and one day I will. :)

I'm anxious to try out the Phase 4 forks on the WR-250FY.
I don't mind having to twiddle with the damping adjusters or fork tube height in order to get the bike feeling as I like.
I do hope I can achieve that without having to take the fork apart to adjust oil level or spring rate (the guy who sold them also included the next-softest springs in a box: .42 kg/mm).
By the end of today, I'll know where it stands.

It's very easy to forget, or even to fail to realize it at all, how much a good suspension on your motorcycle changes how it feels to you, and getting a good feeling from riding the bike is what it's all about to me.
I'm not talking about having a warm and fuzzy feeling of having the wind in my hair as I gaze with glazed eyes at all the pretty leaves on the trees, as if I were sitting on a touring bus.
So way, Jose (pronounced ho-zay - you try to figure out those silly Puerto Ricans).
I'm talking about getting a good feeling from a bike that feels good beneath you, giving you confidence to ride it any way you wish without any negative thoughts of ending up on your ass because of any funny handling woes.
You want to feel a bike with funny handling woes?
Go ride a Harley.
There's a very big reason why the slobs riding those bikes always say, "Heeeeeeeeyy, maaaaann. I'm not racing out here. I'm just riding my hog......blah-blah-blah..."
What the silly fuckface really means is that not only can't he ride himself out of a wet paper bag, but his obese lead sled of a bike ain't up to anything other than trolling around at below the speed limit, as well.
And that's while staying on the flat and smooth pavement.

Other than that, bikes like that are OK with me. :)

Off to jerk,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment