Monday, September 13, 2010

Have a 131-derful Day

Well, I've got a guy who came to look at and test ride my 2008 WR-250R on Saturday afternoon, the bike I ride on the street.
He seemed to be favorably impressed with the bike's condition and performance, and says he'll more than likely buy it from me this Wednesday.
I hope so, because I'm still in I-want-to-sell-this-bike mode.

I still want to buy another bike to take it's place, and while another TW-200 is being considered, I'm also wondering if this is my chance to use the money to get the bike I was actually looking for when I bought the firebreather WR-250FY:
A Yamaha WR-450F.

A WR-450F is basically the 450cc version of my WR-250FY.
I'd need to have it registered for use in the Pachaug rock pile, and, to be honest, wouldn't be looking forward to going through the modify-the-bike-and-put-it-through-DMV-inspection all over again like I had to with the WR-250FY.
Once at the Motor Vehicle Dept. is enough for me in a year's time.
So, I'm wondering if I can find one already registered in Connecticut, and then just do a registration transfer like any other motorcycle that's already registered, no inspection required.
Hmmmmmmm.
Time will tell.
The problem with that is a registered WR-450F for sale in Connecticut doesn't grow on trees.

Off to jerk,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment