Sunday, September 19, 2010

I Just Bought a 2011 Car for $137

I got a reply back from the guy selling the 1993 Yamaha TW-200, which is actually called a TW-200E, the E meaning a 1993 Yamaha motorcycle.

He gave me his phone number, so I called him last night, asking a few simple questions.
He says the bike has been sitting for years, has no battery in it, and would have to be kickstarted if I wanted to hear it run.
Actually, I'd be surprised if it ran correctly at this point for two reasons:
1) Some bikes that require a battery won't run correctly without one.
2) Even thought the guy says it was parked for years without any gas in the carburetor, odds are, unless the guy knows exactly what he's doing when it comes to storing motorcycles for 16 years, the carb and air filter will need to be cleaned to have it running in a proper fashion.
Period.

So, I'm set to head down to Westerly, RI. this morning at 11:00am to see the bike in person.
I don't have the $1,300 asking price on me, mainly because I still hadn't heard back from the guy before my bank closed on Saturday, and I didn't know if I'd hear back from him anytime soon.
So, I left the money in the bank, free to be lent out to other people in the fractional reserve banking method that's been used for a trillion years since the elite banking rich con men/snobs/crooks devised the system to benefit themselves.
Doesn't that make you happy?

Actually, to be honest, I now feel like I wish I'd just told the guy over the phone that I'll pass on the bike for now and call back when I felt like coming down to take a look at it.
Why?
I'm feeling like I should just wait on buying another bike until I see something for sale that REALLY makes me say, "Yeeeeeeaaaahh. That's the bike."
I know I'd have fun putting through the woods on a TW-200E, but, right now, I'm not craving for one too severely, either.
What would really flick my switch?
As posted earlier, if I ran across a CT. registered Yamaha WR-450F, I'd be all over it in a heartbeat.
I'm still searching the Craigslist and EBay ads daily, so I'm looking for something.

Edit:
I called the guy selling the TW-200E and told him I wasn't coming to look at the bike today after all.
He seemed to take it pretty well, so, no harm done.
Now, I can concentrate on readying myself for today's Pachaug rock pile ride on the WR-250FY, just like Sundays are supposed to be. :)

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment