Sunday, October 31, 2010

Today is Like a Light-Weight Hot Dog

That's because it's Hollow Weenie. :)
Har-har-har.

I didn't sleep too soundly last night, so I feel a bit tired.
While that's too bad, I still plan on going for another Pachaug ride later today.
The weather outside feel pretty nice for the last day of October, so it would be a shame to miss it.

One project I should do before that is to change the coolant in my ol' clammy Ranger.
I've put that off long enough, and I should git 'er done once and for all (until next time).
I already have plenty off new coolant waiting on the counter, as well as a new air filter, so, it looks like I'll be playing Ford mechanic for a half-hour or so.
Not my favorite thing to do, but, since it's my only automobile, I gots to do it.
In fact, the only other set of wheels I have right now is my WR-250FY, and I'd hate to have to use that to get around, wearing the knobby tires out in short order.

I'll probably add to this post later today, after all of the excitement has played-out.

Edit:
I'm cheating a bit by adding to this post at 12:04am, so it's actually Monday morning right now.
Oooooooh, don't report me to the blog police, OK?

Today's (or, actually yesterday's) rock pile ride was shorter than yesterdays.
About half as long, basically, with 31.8 miles on the odometer.
Since I felt tired from lack of sleep, I took the shorter loop I'd been riding most of the year, and I left a couple short sections out that I usually take on top of that.
Still, even though I lacked good concentration, I had no bad incidents and still pulled-off some decent maneuvers while on the bike, so, it was a worthwhile ride.

I did see a few people, as yesterday, including a couple of girls on horseback.
As I stopped to let them go past, I asked them what the heck proper action is for the motorcycle rider (me) when he meets a couple of horse dykes (them).
OK.
I didn't say dykes, but you get the idea.
They said to basically do what I did:
Come to a stop and shut the engine off.
We chatted for a minute on the subject, and then, they were off.
Nice dykes.

I just got up from a nap on the couch, and I should hit the sack for real.

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment