Wednesday, October 20, 2010

In Neutral

Feeling in a pretty neutral mood this morning.
That means not feeling particularly good or bad, just somewhere in the middle.
I guess that ain't too bad now, is it?

I got that Honda parts return done before I left jerk yesterday, so that's one big thing less to do on free-bee Saturday morning.

I think I'll mosey on over to the garage and put the parts back on the WR-250FY that get removed when I wash the bike.
I'll install a nice, new Maxima ProFilter, too (and as you should know, a clean and properly-oiled air filter is extremely important on a dirt bike).
That way, if I do go for a ride on Saturday, I'll have less stuff to do before I can head out.

Even then, just before I load the bike into my ol' clammy Ranger, I'll always do these things in the final minutes before leaving:

*Bleed any air pressure out of the fork via the small screw at the fork cap up top.

*Lube my clutch cable.
In my opinion, anybody who can't feel the benefit of a freshly-lubed clutch cable is on medication.

*Check tire pressure and adjust if needed.
Another biggie that is extremely important.
12 psi is what I've always liked on my dirt bikes.

Of course, other things are tended to during the week between rides, but these biggies are done at the last minute because they are effected by time and temperature, even with the bike just sitting there on the stand.


-John

No comments:

Post a Comment