Saturday, October 23, 2010

How Much Does a Ton of Feathers Weigh?

I'm home from free-bee Saturday at jerk, I just ate, and now I'm a'gonna' load up my relic of a 2009 WR-250FY and go do some Pachaug rock pile riding, dammit.
Weather is fine, and tomorrow looks to be fine, too (the forecast is for cloudy-but-dry, which is just fine with me).

Well, time for an edit to add to this post.
I went on out to the rock pile and had a good ride.
As I planned, I added some action from the trails I rode last Sunday, and today's milage was 49.8.
Felt a bit slow at first, but the I got with the program after about 10 miles or so.
By the time I got to the last 5 miles, I felt good and let 'er rip a fair bit.
Somebody who was out walking on the trail heard me coming and got the heck out of the way (as I think you should if you're walking on a motorcycle trail) and stood off to the right-hand side of the trail as I ripped by through a section of whoops, so they got an up-close and personal lesson in dirt bike riding to go along with their mouthful of dusty air.
Hey, if they don't like it, they can go walk one of the gazillion hiking trails in the Pachaug forest that I'm not allowed to ride my bike on.
OK? :)

In fact, I'm off to go back out there right now and walk along a part of the trail as part of another let's-get-to-know-your-dirt-bike-trail-a-bit-better session.
See ya'.

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment