Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I Just Bored my 50 Out to a 160 With My Fingernails

I'm contemplating going into jerk about an hour early in order to get a Suzuki parts return done this morning.
The reason that's a good thing (if I do it) is because that means I won't have to do it free-bee Saturday morning. :)

I'm feeling a bit better than I did on Sunday, thank God, so we'll see if I recover to more like my normal self by the time rock pile time comes Sunday afternoon.

I checked out the color lenses that Oakley makes available for my L-frame goggles (the L means they're made for fitting over eyeglasses), and beside the clear and dark grey I already have, they also make a light grey and one called persimmon.
Yes, persimmon.
What the hell is persimmon?
Sounds like some kind of spice you sprinkle on your pumpkin pie or pumpkin bread to me.
The color of the lens is a reddish-orange color, and being how Oakley loves presenting themselves as a very uppity-up company that loves to dazzle you with flashy things you don't see or read or hear every day (because you're simply not a very worldly person and you need to buy some of their products and get with it), I'm not surprised one tiny bit that they've decided on such a homo-sounding name for a goggle lens color.
I mean, shit, you can see how a lot of the male "models" (more like dimwits) on their websites look skinny and underweight and are apparently smiling about nothing, where the girls are looking at these guys like they're the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Sliced bread.
Mmmmmmmmm.
Now, that's something to smile about. :)

Off to jerk a bit early,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment