Thursday, October 28, 2010

I Just Picked Up 176 Sticks

I decided to go over to the garage for some firebreather tweakin' before I posted this morning.
I wonder if I'll be able to handle the radical change in my lifestyle. :)

What I did was shorten the handlebar width one inch in total by cutting 12 millimeters off each end.
This is one of the time-honoured methods of tailoring the bike's controls to suit you, and the handlebar certainly is one of the controls.
It always seemed a little bit wider than ideal for me, so, now we'll see how this feels once out on the rock pile.

At the same time, I put on a new pair of grips (grips!) from some Italian company which I can't remember the name of at the moment.
It starts with the letter A, and has a pic of Stefan Everts on the package.
I hope you know who Stefan Everts is, Bucky.
These grips are some of the smaller-in-diameter ones out there, which I like in a pair of grips, so we'll see how I get along with them.
They're smooth with very fine ribbing over the surface, and have a bit of a bump running lengthwise at the top side.
I'll report back after the shakedown ride with them this weekend.

Off to jerk,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment