Sunday, October 3, 2010

I Ate a 151 Pound Quarter-Pounder

I felt especially energetic yesterday, so after I got done with my freebee Saturday at jerk and did my grocery shopping at Big Y, I went on out to the Pachaug rock pile with my WR-250FY.
This is a minor big deal because I usually ride just Sundays at the rock pile, not both Saturday and Sunday.

Before I loaded my firebreather WR-250FY up, though, I did a bit of tweaking with my front fork setup.
Since my modified Phase 4 forks are a millimeter or two shorter in overall length compared to my stock and unmodified forks (and, as stated previously, I'm going to disassemble the Phase 4 forks before long in order to find out why that is the case), I took the simple-yet-effective way out in balancing the hide height of the bike back to where it was as stock:
I just loosened the triple clamp bolts that pinch the forks in position, slid the fork tubes down a millimeter-and-a-half (yeah, that's enough to feel a difference), and tightened 'er back up.
This worked very well, and out on the Pachaug trails yesterday, I and the bike felt very good.
Where last Sunday the front end felt a bit too low after I'd spent an hour-and-a-half straight on the bike, yesterday's ride finished with me liking the feeling very much.
I felt great, had a great ride, and was very content.
A priceless feeling, really.

If today's ride feels half as good, I'll be reporting that it was another good ride. :)

I did have to stop at about the 34 mile mark (nearly at the end of the loop) in order for some guys and a girl that were out there on the trail 4-wheeling in their big, lifted 4X4 pickup truck to get out of the way.
They were plonking along the very rough and rocky trail leading back to where the trail loop starts, and I came up on them just as they decided to stop and have one of their crew hop out to snap a picture of their truck angled up proudly on a big rock sticking up out of the ground.

I didn't mind too much, and when I saw my opportunity, I just fired the bike back up and casually rode past their photo session while waving.
It's notable that, as far as I know, 4X4 trucks ain't allowed out there on those trails, and they either don't know that, or simply decided their chances of getting ticketed by a tree cop (CT. DEP) were slim.

The main thing that concerns me about these guys being out there?
If they break down out there and need to call for help in order to get their truck out of there, that's just one more reason for the people that have the power to do so to shut the place down for anybody - period.
It's my belief that these people that would and could do that are power-hungry bureaucrats that wear suits all day and would never dream about getting outdoors for a physical workout of any kind.
That's kid stuff.

On top of that, it's my belief that the ultimate goal is - worldwide - for the great outdoors to be eventually locked up and be posted as off limits to any and all people under the guise of protecting the environment.
This is why kids in school are literally being brainwashed that doing something like that is the way to go, or else, the world would certainly come to a disastrous end, all because of you and me being out there.
Pure bullshit, for sure, and the ONLY reason such B.S. is being taught, and the ONLY reason the big shots want to grab all public land, is simply because they think they have the divine right to call the shots for everyone, and they firmly believe they have the divine right to grab that land and all of the resources contained within the land for themselves.

Period.

Don't forget that, folks, because if you believe for one second that any big shot who is involved with making national and worldwide policy (like the fudge-packing bureaucratic crooks and liars involved with the United Nations) actually cares for the supposed fragile environmental state of the planet, well, you've been misled at least, and brainwashed at worst.
They DON'T care about it because there is no problem with it.
They're lying to everybody when they preach the Earth's environment is in trouble and they need to shoo everyone off the public lands.
It's a big lie.
It's not true.
No wetlands are in danger of anything, for example, and they know that.
They lie to you when they tell you that it is.
They simply want the land for themselves and their offspring to inherit control of.
They see the planet as theirs to rule, and that includes the people that they see as being far below them:
You and me.

Got an opinion on that?

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment