Friday, October 8, 2010

Special Stuff Required, Part ll


Oh-oh.
It's the orange-colored 212.VM2.K5 in the SPI-3 version!
Although it looks a lot like hand soap, shampoo, or dish washing liquid, it's actually meant for another important job:
Riding dirt bikes! :)
............................................ (Time for more dots because this blogger.com website feels like cramming my carefully laid-out paragraphs into one big mess, again.)
......................................................................
I got my order of the special fork oil my Phase 4 forks require, and I've also got my order of genuine Yamaha parts I'll want to have on hand when I decide to take the forks apart for my exploratory operation.
Going by what this oil is called and the info supplied with it, I get the feeling that the guy running this company where the oil came from (Smart Performance) is a smart guy and a quirky guy.
..........................................................
Being quirky isn't necessarily a bad thing.
It actually depends on what the quirk is.
What's a quirk?
To me, it's anything about you that makes you supposedly unusual.
If you have a strong dislike for television - to the point to where you unplugged your TV and threw it out the window - you could say that's one of your quirks.
..............................................................
The guy running Smart Performance seems like a smart guy that's also a geek.
I don't mean that as a way of cutting the guy down.
I don't even know the guy, and I've only talked with him over the telephone when I ordered the stuff last week.
That's simply the best way of describing my experience so far with this stuff.
When I say that he's a geek, I mean that he seems fanatical about emphasizing how special his fork oil is (he doesn't even want to call it fork oil, but Vibration Cancellation Liquid, instead. Honest. Read the labels in the above pic.), and how special his whole operation is compared to other suspension shops that could also revalve your dirt bike forks.
.................................................................
I get the feeling that this guy is the type that really wants to dig deep into scientific study on how the valving on dirt bike suspension works and put every piece under a microscope, brewing his own theories on how it all works and what areas need improving and how to improve them.
Reading a small strip of paper that came with the fork oil (Oops! I mean Vibration Cancellation Liquid!) even shows me that he's got a sense of humor by informing me that the Styrofoam peanuts packing the box aren't even made of Styrofoam, but made out of some vegetable product, and since they will melt when exposed to water, I can spread them around the outdoors at will.
.......................................................
Hmmm.
At least he didn't use that dreaded word "biodegradable".
Whenever I read or hear that, I start looking around for environmental fanatics who are just itching to tell me that I'm doing something wrong, and I suddenly feel like my good mood has been degraded, so, in a way, that makes my bio degraded, which is my version of what the word biodegradable really means.
Funny, huh?
.................................................
Anyway, I suppose that what I mean with this post is that Smart Performance can make your WR-250FY firebreather forks work better, just as long as you don't mind his slightly odd take on things.
...........................................
Off to jerk,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment