Tuesday, October 19, 2010

167: We're in Ridin' Heaven


This pic ain't one of me, but it could have been on any Sunday. :)
That's a Yamaha WR-250FY, although there are a few less rocks in this pic. :)

Plan on riding the Pachaug rock pile alone this weekend (thank God), and there's a chance I just might do another 2-day gig of both Saturday and Sunday.
I'm feeling pretty good right now, and if I still feel this way, then I'll do both days.

I just might go into work an hour early in order to get a Honda parts return done.
This way, knocking it out on a Tuesday morning means not having to do it on free-bee Saturday morning.
See the beauty in that one? :)

As of right now, I'm fairly satisfied how the Phase 4 forks are working on my firebreather WR-250FY.
I've got the ride height settled on and the front suspension works considerably better than it did before the change.
I still haven't taken the forks apart to inspect them, but since they're working well with the ride height change, I'll let that job go until this winter when trail riding trips out to the rock pile will be far and few between.

Winter.
Blaaaahh.

Got a pair of brandy-new front tires installed onto my clammy Ford Ranger yesterday after jerk.
The tires seem to feel well enough, but the job that was (supposedly) done on the balancing doesn't feel good at all.
Get up to 60mph, and you can easily feel an imbalance that is downright annoying.
Shame, because the wheel balance felt perfect with the old tires.
When I get a new pair of rear tires mounted before the snow flies (at a different tire store this time, and one I've used a couple times in the past), I'll probably ask that the front tire balance be checked and corrected.

Off to jerk early,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment