Saturday, October 16, 2010

Back to Normal

I got my PC back from Bruce yesterday afternoon, and all is well with it, now.
It was the usual problem:
Lots of Internet surfing gathered me lots of viruses and other nasty things on my computer, until they eventually knocked out my anti-virus program, eventually leading to me not being able to connect to the Internet.

Also, while he was in there, Bruce replaced the power supply.
Not because the power supply wasn't properly supplying power, but because one of the integral cooling fans was running below the correct speed (turning too slowly) and making noise.
Since these fans are only sold along with the whole power supply, I got a new one.

Seems that every year-and-a-half or so, my PC needs to be brought in for a de-virusing at Bruce's shop.
Good thing he's local, just down the street from jerk. :)

Today, after I exit the usual half-day-free-bee-Saturday (and it should actually only be about an hour at most since I did all of my usual Saturday morning stuff during the week), I will be calling my ol' buddy to get together for a tire changing session.
It still boggles my mind that a guy can continue to ride on tires that should have been replaced with new ones YEARS ago.

I also get a pretty clear impression that he's looking for that magic tire, the one that will work great off-road, yet still hold-up to many miles of road use, too.
Keep looking, ol' buddy. :)

Well, after today, he'll be in good shape as far as condition of tires goes.
I just wonder if he can be persuaded to service his air filter. :)

Off to jerk,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment