Thursday, November 18, 2010

It's Better to Sleep in Bed


It's the 1982 Yamaha IT-175J.
An off-road bike based on the 1982 YZ-100J motocross bike, and it was a whole lot of fun to ride.




Oh-oh.
Looks like ol' Peter Pinewood fell asleep on the couch, again.
He should have gone to bed before that happened.
Is that real leopard skin?



Usually, when I fall asleep on the couch, I conk-out for an hour or two or three, and when I finally wake up and stumble into bed, I can't get back to sleep right away.
This ruins what otherwise would have been a good sleep, turning it into an up-half-the-night insomnia-fest.



The reason I still sometime do this is because it's so easy to do - just plop your butt down on the couch after supper following a day's work, and before you know it, your eyelids are too heavy to hold up.
The key, then, is not to sit down on the couch to begin with. :)



What I think I need is more motorcycle projects to be involved with after jerk, like I often did when I was younger, meaning either riding them or wrenching on them.
Lots of times, I bought a piece of crap basket case to fix-up, and then have fun riding the finished project.
The top pic is one of these bikes.
Part of the problem with this is that there are no places to ride a dirt bike around my house in the immediate area anymore, unless you want a guaranteed fine for trespassing.
Back in the olden daze, I could hop on one of my bikes and be on a trail in literally 30 seconds.
I could also ride down the road two minutes and be at another spot, where the above pic was taken.
Aaahh, those were the days because there's nothing like a convenient spot to have fun on a motorcycle.

Off to jerk,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment