Sunday, November 14, 2010

193: More Riding for Me


This pic is from around 1989 or 1990.
The bike is a 1982 Yamaha IT-175J, a great little off-road bike.
Mucho fun to ride.
The place is a waste dump where the local paper recycling mill dumped the waste you get from recycling paper.
The waste dump is still there, but there are two big changes from then to now:
1) There are NO TRESPASSING signs all over the place.
2) The place is still used as a dump for the stinky, smelly waste, but it eventually gets covered up with top soil and grass.
What you can't see - or don't know - won't hurt you, as often said and used by elite people in high places, unless someone tries doing it to them, of course. :)


I went to bed very early last night, right after I added the edit to yesterday's post, in fact.
It was about 7:30pm, and I got out of bed this morning at about 3:45am.
Even though I got up very early, I still got plenty of sleep, something that's very important to preserve your health and good looks. :)

I'll be heading on out to the Pachaug rock n' roll pile in a couple of hours, so until I get back with today's edit, go eat some breakfast, would ya'?

Edit:
Today's rock pile ride was another good one.
I actually went with a guy who comes into our shop to buy stuff, and we had a good time.
No crashes or hairy moments (that I know of), and he seemed to like the loop we did as much as I did.
Our total mileage was 50.3 miles from start of the trail to finish of the trail.
I led the way since he didn't know the loop, and I took that neat-o pine-needled, whooped-out section that I like.

We saw a few other bikes out there, and one guy we met was having some kind of radiator problem (probably damaged it by running into something or crashing and falling on it in a big way).
The guy said he was all set because a buddy was going to retrieve him with a truck.
Tough luck.

Now, the Wr-250FY has been washed all squeaky-clean, I've eaten supper, and I'm ready for some shut eye.

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment