Friday, November 19, 2010

198, and a New Forum to Join Might be Great

You all have read that hanging around motorcycling forums on the Internet is a hobby of mine.
I'm naturally interested in the motorcycles that I like, and that not only means riding them, but maintaining them and talking about them to like-minded people when I'm not riding or maintaining.

The forums/message boards I've hung around on a daily basis has changed over the years, and this has to do with what motorcycle I'm riding at the time.
Since I'm riding my WR-250FY firebreather these days, I'll be on forums that have to do with riding dirt bikes.
The one called ThumperTalk is one of these, and I'm also on another one called WR-250R/X Forum, even though I sold my WR-250R in September.
Gee, that was already two months ago.
I hope this coming winter passes as quickly. :)

One thing about cruising around the message boards on a daily basis is that there are times when things seem a bit slow and there is little or no interesting stuff being written that I can really sink my teeth into.
I mean, somebody posting a question asking what way you turn the wrench to remove the rear axle nut on his 1998 KX-250K5 is hardly enough to make me feel a shot of adrenaline rush through my body.
These are the days I wish I might have yet another message board to peruse, so, I've decided to join yet another one.

This morning, I've sent in my registration request to join what seems like a pretty big one:
ADV Rider.
While there seems to be a lot of space devoted to those huuuuuge "adventure bikes" that seem so much like street bikes to me, there is also a lot of real dirt bike gossip going on, and there are even a lot of threads with riders from my very neck of the woods on there, chatting about the very same Pachaug rock pile loop that I ride every weekend.
So, I have decided it's time for me to hook-up with some of these guys and to get to know them to some degree.

Hopefully, by the time I get home from jerk tonight, my membership request will have been approved, and I can start making my presence there known.

Off to jerk,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment