Saturday, November 20, 2010

199; On the Brink of a Double Century

Turns out I didn't go for a Pachaug rock pile ride today, Saturday, as I'd been doing a lot lately these past couple of months.
Oh, I had the time to do so, but, as luck would have it, after I came home from jerk and grocery shopping, I ate lunch and then commenced on feeling funny, as if I were trying to fight off the flu or a cold.
You know - that feeling of suddenly being a bit weak, down on energy, and even a bit dizzy in the head.
Well, some might say being dizzy in the head is normal, but, it was more noticeable. :)
I wonder if it was something I ate, or if somebody who got close to me coughed in my face and gave me something nasty.

So, I decided to make the somewhat sad decision to skip a ride today, rest-up by taking an afternoon nap, and hit the trails tomorrow, hopefully feeling in better shape.
I guess I shouldn't gripe about it, since I've been riding both weekend days out there fairly regularly lately, and I can't even remember the last time i didn't ride on at least one day of the weekend.
Sheesh, that must have been sometime back in the summer months.
If I'm correct, I haven't missed more than three weekends all year long since mid-March, which is a pretty good record, I say.
I think I missed two for poor weather, and one where I didn't feel well.

Well, as I'm writing this on Saturday evening at 6:05pm, I do feel considerably better, so, odds are, it'll be a go for tomorrow.

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment