Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Almost Time for My Beauty Sleep

Writing this at a couple minutes before 9:00pm.
Work today had a lot of shit to do, since, basically, our parts and accessories suppliers were closed for the 4-day holiday weekend, but our shop was not.
So, the orders we submitted on Wednesday evening, Friday and Saturday just piled-up on the computers of our suppliers, and come Tuesday morning - POOF! - there was two days worth of shit to do.

It's no secret to anybody that I work with that I'm more than a little jaded with this line of work.
I mean, how many tires, clutch levers, spark plugs, purchase orders, backorders, shipping labels, packing lists/invoices, and wise-assed customers can a guy deal with before he says, "Fuck it"?
In fact, the age of one of the guys working the parts counter is equal to how long I've been doing this job.
Really.
After a day like today, having a job where I would, as it was back in the good ol' days, only have to worry about my own motorcycle parts seems like not too bad a deal. :)

Well, hopefully, tomorrow's shit off the UPS and FedEx trucks will be back down to the normal amount, and I'll feel a bit better about the whole friggin' mess.

Good fuggin' night,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment