Friday, November 26, 2010

205 and I'm Stayin' Alive

Oooh, it's Black Friday.
Makes you think of some kind of stock market crash from 1929, doesn't it?
Now that we're actually past Thanksgiving, expect to see the Christmas advertising/merchandising to come out in full force.

Weather is cold (though not quite as cold as yesterday) and rainy, and being November, kinda' makes you think of a particular Guns N' Roses song, doesn't it?
I never really thought Guns N' Roses was a fantastic band, myself.
I like catchy guitar rock songs with a really catchy guitar riff, and although they had a couple songs that almost qualified in those areas for me, I always got more of a kick out of the guitar player's tall, stove pipe-style hat.

I suppose wearing something like that while playing your guitar is supposed to make some kind of impression that will get you noticed, especially if you have a cigarette hanging out of your mouth at the same time.
For me, it was just another thing to point and laugh at since it was more silly than cool.
The guy (nicknamed Slash. Really.) may as well been wearing a Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat-style striped hat while on stage as far as I'm concerned.
Oh, shit, I hope he doesn't read that - maybe he'll start doing that, too.

Not so sure there will be a whole lotta' work for me to do today at jerk, seeing that UPS is delivering only packages sent via air delivery, today.
FedEx is running as usual, but since only about 10% of our daily shipments come by FedEx, I don't expect much.
And, since FedEx gets there anywhere from 12 noon to 4:oopm, who knows when the stuff (if there is in fact any to begin with) will show up.

So, my plan is to go in as usual, go through my usual routine for the first hour, then leave and return in the afternoon to see if any FedEx stuff arrived.
In the meantime at home, I can change the rear tire on my WR-250FY, which is now worn enough to warrant that.

Off to jerk,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment