Monday, January 3, 2011

Back to Your Regularly Scheduled Programming


The WR-250XX, in da house and in progress.
That big, black, bulbous muffler - plugged-up with silly things like a catalytic converter - is soon to be replaced with a much nicer FMF Q4.

I haven't done any work to the WR-250FY since repacking the muffler about 10 days ago, but, that's OK because not much needs to be done to that bike seeing how I basically keep everything about it in top shape all year long.
Plus, I still have until mid-March before I'll start riding that one in the Pachaug rock pile.
So, I've got time, and right now, the WR-250XX needs the attention.
I remember that last year, mid-March had some mighty fine weather around 70 degrees and it didn't take long at all for the ground to thaw out to the point that trail-riding conditions were good.

I'm glad that we're through the holidays.
Now, we can get on with passing through this crummy cold period called winter and head toward March.
I always feel better when March rolls around.
Sure, on the first day of March you (usually) don't get balmy temperatures in the 70s, but, it does herald the month that spring starts, and that's good enough for me.
Plus, I typically start riding my motorcycle back and forth to jerk on or about March 1st.
In 2009, I started doing that on February 28th.
Ooooh, a whole day early.



Today at jerk wasn't too hectic because the UPS and FedEx deliveries were on the small side.
So, I was able to avoid rushing like a crazed fool, get everything done, and still leave well before 7:00pm.
Once March rolls around that stuff sure doesn't happen, so, I'd better enjoy it now.

I'm gonna' heat up some big pretzels.

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment