Thursday, January 13, 2011

244: Snow, Be No More

I went to jerk yesterday during our supposed mega-blizzard.
We were open until 1:00pm, and since only one customer came in - and half of the work force didn't come in - we packed it in.
Still, it was very much worth my time because I got a healthy chunk of shit done that I'd have to do either today, tomorrow, or free-bee Saturday morning.

We got about a foot of snow in total from the storm, although in my mind, I generally don't see anything too stormy about getting snow in the wintertime.
The thing that always sticks out in my mind about weather predictions these days is that everything is hyped-up quite a bit.
When snow is predicted, you'd think you should be packing your bags and head down to Central America where it's 90 degrees.
They'll predict 8 to 10 inches, and we'll get 3 to 4 inches.
This happens often.
They'll make it sound like the snow is so dangerous, if you get a flake of it on you, or if one flake hits the road you're driving on, well, it's curtains for you, pal.

I'm off to drive on the snow and get to jerk,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment