Sunday, January 23, 2011

252 Frozen Fingers Turning Blue


You know you've got aftermarket parts on your bike when you have to finish the job. ;)


We're getting some cold weather around here the past couple of days, and this cold snap is supposed to last through Monday night, so I read.
Why do they call it a cold snap?
Is somebody snapping their fingers or something?
When I walk across my wooden porch during this cold weather, it makes snapping noises.
Maybe that's it. @_@

I just watched the 3rd race of this year's AMA Supercross season, and it was the best one so far.
The top 4 runners were mixing it up real good, and there was plenty of good racing action going on.
Wish they were all good ones like that.

Today, I'm taking my time wiring my new-to-me I.C. flasher relay for the WR-250XX.
Like a lot of non-original-equipment (aftermarket, in other words) stuff out there, you, yourself, have to complete the job to make it a sano (slang for sanitary) installation.
The I.C. relay doesn't have a neat plug on the end of the wires that fits into the plug on the bike's wire harness.
Nope.
Instead, it just has three wires that are merely cut.
So, I disassembled the original relay, removed the plug parts from it, and soldered the I.C. relay wires to the contacts of the plug.
When I'm done securing the contacts to the plug via some epoxy, I'll be able to simply plug the I.C. relay into the wiring harness like the original relay did.
Very nice. :)

Time for a lazy afternoon nap. ;)
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment