Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Your Hotness

I wasn't really surprised when I walked out of the shop front door at mid day, yesterday, and it felt like I walked into a furnace.
The weather forecast predicted 99 degrees and sunny, and it sure felt like it.
Supposed to reach 95 today.
Welcome to summertime, folks.
No sweaters or buckets hanging from maple trees around here right now, that's for sure.

I typically don't get too upset when it's hot because I dislike cold winter weather even more, and the older I get, the less I like the cold weather.
I mean the kind of winter weather that freezes the ground solid and makes you pull your coat up to your chin.
That's for the birds because it's uncomfortable and puts a stop to my motorcycle riding.
I'll have to fix that one day.
I keep thinking to myself that after my dad kicks the bucket (he's 72 right now), I'll pull up stakes and move to another part of the country where it doesn't get as cold during the middle of winter.
It doesn't have to be blazing hot 24/7, just warm enough so I can ride a dirt bike in the winter and still sink a tire knob into the ground.
Another motivational thought is experiencing those nice-looking trails out west among the pine trees where Bigfoot lives.
Looks very nice to ride in.

Off to jerk,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment