Friday, July 2, 2010

Taking the 5th: 4th of July Rip-Off

Not just because it can rip your fingers off with fireworks, but also because the 4th falls on a Sunday this year, a day our shop is closed, anyway.
Yeah, that's right - what's a holiday if it's not made special with a day off work, eh?
Firecrackers only go so far, you know.

I know that some places (like UPS) are taking the following day off (Monday, the 5th).
I suppose they're taking the 5th, eh?
Because how much work I have to do is directly dependant how many packages UPS drops off to us each morning, I may just have the day off, anyway, but I'd like it a whole lot more if the shop would just close for the day.
Period.
If I owned the joint, that's what I'd do.
Hell, even the places like Parts Unlimited, American Honda, and Yamaha Motor Corp., USA are closed on Monday, too, so what's the beef?

I'm being pestered by my sisters to go watch a fireworks display at a local baseball field called Tiger Stadium.
Last I knew, the place was called Dodd Stadium, named after Connecticut congressional-type dude Christopher Dodd.
I know nothing about the asshole, other that I first heard his name on WFSB channel 3 news (a Hartford TV station) back in the 1970s when I was in grammar school.
If he's a politician, that's all I need to know.
If he's a career politician, he must have a lot of stuff he'd just love to have you not find out about. :)

What's that got to do with watching fireworks?
Nothing.
Hey, it's my blog, Buckwheat, and if I feel like cutting down some politician crook bullshitter liar con-artist, I'm gonna' do it right here.
Why, you like Chris Dodd, or something?
Eh?

Here's a joke about another politician:

Ted Kennedy's last campaign slogan:
Ted Kennedy - A Blonde in Every Pond! :) :) :)

Don't get that one?
Look it up, whippersnapper!

Off to jerk,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment