Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Time for 69: Motorcycles Are Funny

What I really mean is that people involved with motorcycles can be awful funny.
Here's a typical scenario:

20-year-old guy on his GSX-R loves to clutch-up wheelies anytime and anywhere.
That means he abuses the clutch to make his bike do a wheelie when it otherwise wouldn't do one.
After the millionth time, his clutch quits working like it should.
He prices the parts to make repairs and starts bitching about how much it costs, and then starts asking questions as to how the work gets done because he's never worked on his bike, before.
Someone explains how you do the job, and the GSX-R guy basically says, "That f'in sucks! Why the hell does this shit happen?"

Yeah, I'm not making that kind of stuff up, people.
Funny, isn't it.

Why does this shit happen?
Answer:
Because you're an empty-headed moron.
A moron who isn't even bright enough to realize what you're doing while you're out there on your bike acting like King Shit.

The icing on the moronic cake is that a guy like this, when told to knock that stuff off by somebody who has done the same stuff before him and learned something from it, will basically say that he's gonna' ride his bike any way he wants and we should all kiss his pro-rider ass.

Have it your way, asshole. :)

Yes, people, retards like this are all over the place.
You gotta' laugh when some bozo is waaaaaay more concerned with what color seat cover he's got to buy for his KX-250F than buy a bottle of air filter oil.
Shit, the guy probably doesn't even know how to service his air filter, or when the last time it was done.
That's because he doesn't know (and doesn't want to know) the finer points on how his own bike is put together and how it works.
That stuff makes his head hurt.
He's much, much more interested in talking with his like-minded buddies about which alcoholic beverage is the best at getting you f'ed-up.
And, of course, that bottle of booze "tastes real good".
Hmmmmm.
Maybe he could clean his air filter in that same beverage.
Sounds like a sponsorship idea. :)

I got out of work last night at 9:15pm, which is at the far end of the acceptable range to me.
Actually, I'd always like to be able to leave at 7:00pm when the store officially closes, but at least I didn't feel overly tired like I'd been feeling too much while staying late, and I was able to get home and make supper and get to bed at a normal hour.

In a ground-shaking announcement, I do believe I'll be asking for permission to take a week-long vacation, and probably in the fall when there's great dirt bike riding weather.
The last time I had a bona-fide vacation from work was back in 1986, when I worked for a box-making factory that had a one-week shut-down every July.
I think I'll enjoy riding the WR-250FY very much during that week off.
I need it. :)

Off to jerk,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment