Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July with My Own 5-Valve Fireworks

Anybody blow any of their fingers off, yet? :)

Just got back from another Sunday afternoon-into-dusk ride on the WR-250FY in the Pachaug state forest.
Damn, it felt good, too.
I rode well and felt like I had a good amount of energy without getting tired and losing concentration from being tired.
I put the bike right where I wanted it, too - that's very important.
I'm feeling satisfied, and right now, life is good. :)

There's a spot where I ride a few laps around the outskirts of a grassy clearing with some nice corners, bumps, a couple berms, and interesting elevation changes.
I got smacked in the face with more than a couple dragon flies while riding there.
Maybe it's because they heard my fire breathing WR-250FY, and being called dragon flies, themselves, they wanted a piece of the fire breathing dragon action.
Well, I surely gave them more than they can handle because I'm certain I clobbered a few pretty darn good.
Right now, they're probably sitting in front of their little dragon fly TVs with their injuries all wrapped up in bandages.
That'll learn 'em. :)

Even though the shop is open tomorrow (last I knew, anyway), I'll not be needed at work tomorrow since UPS isn't running, which means no deliveries tomorrow morning for me to process.
I think I'll actually head back out there tomorrow morning with my WR-250FY and have another go at it.
That'll be nice in the cooler morning air.
I'll let you know how it goes.

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment