Sunday, July 25, 2010

79 Bottles of Beer on the Wall


A few nice guys on their way to Sunday school.


Well, I'm half way through changing both tires on the WR-250FY since I did the rear tire yesterday afternoon.
Actually, since the rear takes more effort because there are more parts involved and the tire, itself, is more difficult to lever on and off the rim, I'm really more than half way through.
Probably about 65% done.
I'll do the front in a little bit before I go on my usual Sunday trail ride in the Pachaug state forest, AKA state rock pile. :)

Edit:
Got the front tire changed and I've got the bike ready to go with the usual pre-ride maintenance.
The thing that I hope doesn't happen by the time I hit the trails is I hope for no rain.
There's a chance of it, and if things get wet, all of those nice rocks and tree roots sticking out of the ground can be very slippery, indeed, if you run your front tire over them at an angle.
Ask me how I know this. :)
Even if it rains, I'll still go for the ride, but the pace will have to be reduced in certain areas.
This is a bit of a drag if it happens, but, I've done it plenty of times, before.

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment