Thursday, July 15, 2010

No. 70: Where's the Clutch Lever?

I might start putting the post number in the title more often, now that it's getting up there.
What you think about that?
You may voice any complaints to the Complaint Dept. window.
Just be careful of the hand grenade at the window counter. :)

I'm gonna' ride my WR-250RX into work for the 1st time since last Wednesday.
I missed some of those days due to shit weather brewing, and some because I just felt too tired and lazy to really enjoy it.
I dislike it when I feel like that, but, even the smartest and most handsone guy on Earth can have an off day.
I don't feel too bad right now, so, I'm going with it.

Last night, I met a friend and lent them some money.
Made me feel good that I could help out.
To me, doing something nice for them is a million times more important than the money, itself, and I really don't even care if I ever get paid back in full.
I think you know how I feel about money if you've read my recent posts.
It's just a necessary evil we need to get by in this f'ed-up money system that we were all born into and were taught from the cradle that this is the way it is.

I realize that stating the above line makes me sound like some kind of bleeding heart freak/weird-o/daydreamer/fruitcake.
That's about the best way I can describe the way I feel about money, though.
Think about it.
What does the dollar bill on your wallet or purse really stand for?
What's it worth just in itself?
It's simply something that we all agree is worth something, to the point that somebody would gladly hurt you to get more of it.
I'm glad that I'm not one of those guys - I feel better by giving it away to somebody that needs it. :)

Off to jerk,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment