Monday, July 5, 2010

It's Pizza Time


Mmmmmmm-mmmmm.
This is friggin' delicious.

Well, I didn't go riding in the morning because I felt like getting up without the alarm clock on my day off (weee!), so I went in the late-afternoon-to-dusk as usual.
It was another good ride, although I felt I didn't ride quite as well as I did yesterday.
It was good enough, though, and I felt very good after it was all done.

One thing that continues to impress me about the WR-250FY is how well it goes in a straight line over gnarly terrain.
Very good stability.
Great suspension, too, especially the rear.
The bike feels excellent when exiting a corner and hitting acceleration bumps and whoops immediately.
Just get your weight back and open that throttle - the bike gives an excellent feeling to the rider and that wonderful rear suspension takes the bumps while telling the rider what's going on down there.
Excellent chassis, which is a good thing to have out there in the middle of nowhere on a natural-terrain trail (no grooming here, people).

The engine is excellent, too.
For the amount of top end power it has, I'm surprised at how much low end pulling power it has.
A fantastic spread of power up and down the rev range, and very effective out there.
I wouldn't change a thing. :)

Tomorrow, work.
Boo!
At least somebody is supposed to come in and pick up their picnic table-plaid gear bag.
I hope they don't mind that I used it a couple of times.
I think I got all of the sweaty socks smell out of it.
Shhhhh.
Don't tell. :)

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment