Tuesday, July 20, 2010

We're Gonna' Party Like It's '75


A behind-the-scenes shot of J.P. Morgan conferring with one of his advisers.

Went to the Town Hall yesterday morning to ask about getting my official-looking
document translated from crypt language into plain English.
The Town Selectman is supposed to call me back and set up an appointment to do this.
Oh, boy!
It'll be like storybook time back in the 1st grade!

Been a bit disappointed in my usual motorcycles message boards the past week-or-so because things are a bit boring right now.
The only thing interesting (disgusting, more like) is reading how a couple of shit-stirrers are basically sounding like know-it-all wise-asses by making controversial posts and then challenging anybody that posts something remotely in disagreement with it.
The irony is that when it comes to their actual motorcycle knowledge, it's obviously sorely lacking to me.
This is something that basically makes me not have a whole lot of respect for their message board mannerisms.
I mean:
I'm going to have a lot of trouble wanting to listen to any supposed wisdom from a guy who sounds like he expects his motard (dirt bike with street sport radial tires) to actually handle well in sandy terrain.
Ummmm, hello there, buddy.
It never will, OK?
I think it's because you're running full-on STREET PAVEMENT TIRES.

Actually, I get a kick out of these motard riders who buy these tires that are merely street radials with more tread grooves in them and have visions of doing some dirt bike riding.
I also get a kick out of these same loudmouths who will bitch loudly about how the seat on their dual-purpose bike sucks because they've got a sore butt after a day's riding.
Well, maybe if you weren't sitting down on the seat in one spot for hours at a time, and instead, actually standing up a lot and working WITH the bike while negotiating the terrain you would be a lot better off.

On the other hand, it's obvious a lot of these riders are basically dirt bike newbies, and a dirt road that you could drive a pickup truck down is enough adventure for them.
Some of them are basically senior citizens, too.
I can accept the newbies and the old folks doing things that I know are silly (because I learned about the things bothering them when I started riding), but I draw the line with the ones who love to intimidate other message board members with their snooty, I'm-the-boss bullshit, yet don't realize what the air filter is there for.
It's these guys who really need to get a grip because they're just making themselves look awfully foolish to guys like me, guys who've been there and done that 30 years ago.

Off to jerk,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment