Thursday, June 17, 2010

Git Off My Property


Oh-oh.
Looks like somebody's trespassing.
That'll learn 'em.
............................................................................

How's this yellow font look, eh?
Sure makes it hard to see the words as I type them over a white background.
Geez, the stuff we do for vanity, huh?

I've been confronted by property owners for trespassing while riding my dirt bikes before.
Their attitude was much like as shown in the above pic:
This is my property, and you better git off it because you don't have my permission to be here.

That's a normal enough reaction, I think.
I'm not the kind of guy who goes sneaking around and wants to go rip up some farmer dude's cornfield and get his old-timer heart a'pumpin' due to excitement.
Whenever I wound up trespassing, it was because I'd gotten lost and came upon some guy out in the woods.

Typically, the old buzzard would get all red in the face with veins popping out of his neck and forehead at the sight of a teenager on a dirt bike sitting on his hayfield, cornfield, useless swamp land, etc.
Didn't matter, just as long as it was his and not mine.
Usually, they'd threaten to have me arrested, or impound my bike, or shove a stick through my wheel spokes so i could run away, or call the cops, or all of the above.
Since I knew i was there completely by accident, I didn't feel like I was a criminal, and i just wanted to be able to get out of the situation with my bike and body intact - if the old coot (and they were always old coots) yelled at me but nothing else happened, that seemed fair enough.

I have to admit, though, that I could at least understand and respect the old buzzards' points of view, much more than my fanatical enviro-neighbor's on dirt bike trespassing (see my older posts for details on that environ-mentalist).
That's because they were reacting just as I'd expect and in a way that made sense.
That's because these guys were all pre-hip-dip era and hadn't gone through any of that stupid new-age brainwashing like my neighbor did.
Yes, folks.
Peace and love can make you pretty dumb.

Off to jerk,
-John

2 comments: