Friday, June 4, 2010

Cold as Ice


I didn't take any new pics yesterday because I felt tired and a bit burned-out from lack of sleep.
So, I decided to pick a few that I have saved on my ol' PC.
This one is from December 20, 2009.
Brrrrrrrrr.
What a difference six months can make, huh?
I don't miss this kind of weather one bit, let me tell you.
It's amazing how having the Earth's axis tilted 23.5 degrees can change the weather, ain't it?
Who did that, anyway?
Did too many people stand on one end of the Earth one day and the Earth tilted from the weight?
Hmmmmmmm.





These are the front brake calipers that made their way onto my SV-650K7.
They came from a GSX-R750K3, and they were completely disassembled to inspect them, making sure they were ship-shape and ready to go onto my SV without a malfunction.
Special adapter brackets were purchased from a guy in England in order to mount these to the SV fork legs, but it was well worth it.
Together with the Nissin master cylinder from a GSX-R600K7, the brakes went from shit to excellent in one fell swoop.
Now you know.





When I was spending money to modify the DR-Z400SM (the motard - the dirt bike with street bike tires), i decided to sell a lot of my guitar equipment that I wasn't using as much as I once did.
This is a beautiful Rickenbacker model 360 electric guitar.
I kinda' wish I still had it, but, no use crying over spilt milk.
I put it up on EBay, starting the bids at around $350.
By the time it sold, some guy from France bought it for $1,200.
I bought it, myself, back in 1997 or 1998 for about $350, and I didn't realize it was going to sell for more.
A very well-made guitar that felt good in your hands.





When I had the DR-Z400SM, I was modifying it and buying and selling things so much, I decided to buy a used, complete engine with the intention of building-up this second engine into a 470cc fire breather that could potentially make 60hp.
This required all of the mods my 45hp engine had, plus a few more, like a 5mm stroked crankshaft and bumpier camshafts and bigger valves.





As time went on, I decided to scrap the 470cc DR-Z engine project, and I still have the disassembled DR-Z engine sitting on a counter top to this very day.
Need any of these parts?
Just drop me a line...



Luckily, I got about 7 hours of sleep last night, so I feel better than I did 24 hours ago.
So, right now, I'm gonna' get my ass in gear and get out the door early enough to take a nice rip on the WR-250R before I head into work.
That's always a good thing.

Off to jerk,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment