Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's the Third Day of Winter

I think winter really sucks.
Have I ever told you that?

I realize it is a part of nature.
It's 100% natural.
I've been taught that it's due to the Earth's 23.5 degree axis tilt, and right now, the tilt is tilted away from the sun, spreading the sun's light out over a broader area, thus weakening the light energy at any one spot.
It's a matter of physics, and while that's just fine and dandy in the physics world, and I can understand the theory, this particular theory is a cold pain in my ass. :)

Still waiting for either a phone call or E-mail from the suspension shop in Virginia that's modifying my WR-250XX rear shock.
The guy claims just a few days (I've seen him write the words "three days" on message board posts) turn around time, so, hopefully, it will be soon.
He got the shock delivered to his shop one week ago, today, so I'll allow a few days extra for getting it unpacked from the shipping box, pouring a cup of coffee, and also since it's the Christmas season.

Once I get the shock back, I'll put the rear of the bike back together (along with it's freshly-greased rear suspension bearings and new drive chain and considerably larger rear sprocket, which will give approximately the same drive ratio I liked on my WR-250R) and most likely take it for a test spin to see how the shock feels compared to the original feeling.
Then, after that, I'll wheel it up here into the house with the WR-250FY and commence to the rest of the wrench twirling I have planned for it. :)

Off to jerk,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment