Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I Can Brush My Teeth and Type at the Same Time

I'm a very talented fellow, you know.
Better stand back. ;)

While I was at jerk yesterday, I saw an old buddy I worked with at another motorcycle shop back from 1997-1998 or 1999.
Last I knew, he had a kid and has just left a car salesman job to start his own lawn care/landscaping-type business.
Now, he's got three kids and his business has been going for 9 years, he says, and is going well.
Good for him. :)

Yeah, from day-to-day, time can often seen to drag slowly by.
Then, you suddenly realize that ten years has passed, and it seems like only five.
Funny, that old man Father Time.
I wish he'd make up his mind.

I also saw another ex-coworker who I worked with at this very same shop.
I have no idea whether or not they still read this bloggy blog, but if so, hi! :)

I rode my new-to-me WR-250X to jerk yesterday.
It went as I knew it would:
It was fun to be able to feel a good bike on the street, again, but the weather was so cold, I had to wade through considerable discomfort in order to get it.
Plus, and this is a very big thing, the sport tires on that bike will not work as they are able to when the weather is at least 60 degrees (with the best tire performance on the street coming with temperatures in the mid-70s and higher), so leaning the bike over far and getting on the gas and brakes hard was not in the plans.
Bring on warmer weather, please. :)

Off to jerk,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment