Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve up my Sleeve

It's amazing that it fits up there. :)

Went over my old buddy's house last night after jerk to shoot the shit, a guy I've known since the 4th grade.
Nice-mannered guy who wouldn't hurt a fly.
David likes motorcycles, too, and we used to ride off-road a lot together from 1983 until about 1992.
These days, Dave rides a big Honda Gold Wing touring motorcycle and we just don't get together very often, but, last night we vowed to take a few street rides together this coming season.
I'd like that and look forward to it. :)

Today is supposed to be a shortened day at jerk, where we're aiming to close at 4:00pm.
This typically only happens if the place is empty at that time, and, since I won't leave until all of my stuff is done, I'm not sure when I'll get out of there.

We've got Saturday as well as Sunday off, and I plan to do some wrench twisting on my WR-250FY.
Fun, interesting, and inside where it's comfy. :)

Hip, hip, hooray!
I got the call from Travis, the guy who runs the suspension shop where my WR-250XX shock got sent to.
He did the rebuild/revalve as well as installed a softer spring, something he feels is necessary since my 150 pound weight is under the recommended rider weight for the original spring.
I'll take his word for it, and, I'm anxious to see how the bike feels with the overhauled shock in place.
I estimate, with the holidays upon us, it will take a week for the shock to get back to me.

Off to jerk,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment