Thursday, December 30, 2010

234: Something Shocking in Store


It's quite a shock.

That's the rear shock absorber from the WR-250XX.
I got it back yesterday from Go Race suspension in Virginia, and I just finished putting the rear of the bike back together.
Travis, the suspension shop owner, not only reworked the internals, but also installed a softer spring which, according to him, is better suited to my weight.
That's why the spring is now red.

All I have to do now is install the new drive chain, and I can then take the bike for a test ride if I so choose.
The thing that may stop me from doing that is the sand and salt recently spread on the roads around here.
I have no fear of the actual riding on it, but one speck of sandy salt on the bike, and the metal corrodes - even stainless steel and aluminum, metals that are supposedly rustproof.
We'll see.
Either way, now that the bike can be rolled, I'll be able to get that one up in the house here, too, and proceed with the rest of the work planned.

Off to jerk,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment