Thursday, December 16, 2010

I Skipped Another Day

Not intentionally, but I simply meant to do it, but forgot.
Again.

I send my original WR-250FY forks off to the guy who bought them for $159.
Nice to have a few bucks back in my PayPal account because for the past eight-or-so months, I've had none.

I still haven't got either of my bikes up here into the house.
I wanted to this past Saturday evening, and even got my ladder and loading ramp out, ready for action.
But, I chickened-out at the moment, thinking I'd drop the bike trying to push it up the ramp all by myself onto the front porch, which is about four feet above the ground.
However, after a few more days to mull it over, I now believe I can get the WR-250FY up without trouble since it's relatively light in weight.
I'm determined to do it this Saturday when the temperature is forecast to be a balmy 38 degrees.
Water skiing, anyone? :)

The WR-250XX is gonna' have to sit down in the cold garage until the rear shock comes back from the suspension shop in Virginia.
I estimate it will be back here in my hands about a week from now, so, we'll see when I can get that one wheeled up in here.
To be honest, I may be better off enlisting the help of a buddy to assist with pushing that one up the ramp onto the porch.
Why not just ride it up the ramp?
Well, I did that with my DR-Z400SMK9 a couple years ago, but, the condition of the stairs which would support the weight of the ramp and bike and me has gone downhill since then, and until I rebuild the stairs, it's just my weight that I want to put on them.
I mean, it may hold or it may not, and I'm too chicken to find out the hard way. :)

Yesterday's weather was about 25 and windy.
Felt like crap weather.
Today, it'll supposedly be 35.
Oooooohh.
Heat wave comin'. :)

Off to jerk,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment