Saturday, December 4, 2010

Another Bike for Me :)


It's my new (new to me, anyway) 2008 WR-250XX.
3,911 miles and in excellent condition.
Luckily, the previous owner didn't do much tinkering with it, and appears to have simply ridden it on the street without actually touching it too much.
Unmolested is the way to pick up a used bike.
I'll do the molesting, thank you very much. ;)

I feel good that I decided to get this bike.
When I bought the WR-250RX that I was riding up until September, this WR-250XX is actually the bike I wanted at the time, and I bought the WR-250RX only because the price was hard to pass-up.
Since I already have the firebreather WR-250FY for riding off-road at the rock pile, I feel no need for another bike to ride off-road, and that's why I rode the dual-purpose WR-250RX on the street as if it were a street bike.
It may not have been anywhere near as good-feeling as the WR-250FY when off-road, but the WR-250RX made a fun street bike, and that was with the 21" and 18" dual-purpose tires, too.

This WR-250XX, with it's state-of-the-art 17" radial sportbike tires and big front brake, will be even more effective on the street for sport riding.
I'm familiar with this kind of bike (motard) because I owned the Suzuki version called a DR-Z400SM from October of 2008 until October of 2009 if you recall.
That bike, once I got done doing the mods I wanted to do to it, was lots of fun, and with the Michelin tires mounted to it that I like so much and it's big, nasty Brembo front brake parts, was a very good sport bike on the twisty roads around here.
I'm expecting more of the same good feelings from this WR-250XX.

The only real bummer right now is that we're at December 4th, right on the verge of official winterdom.
The bummer is that we've got to wait three month for March to arrive, my typical start to the street bike riding season.
The good part is that the time it will take me to clean and lube and adjust every part of the bike to my liking, as well as buy the parts I want in order to do the modifications I want, will go a long way to helping pass the winter.

Off to another freebee Saturday at jerk,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment