Friday, December 10, 2010

219

Hmmm.
That's a short and to-the-point title for this post, ain't it?
It really tells you everything you need to know about this post.
That is, it's the 219th that I've done so far with this snaky little blog of mine.
I also noticed that I forgot to post an entry for Friday.
I must be getting old. :)

I'm really not too fond of the name blog.
Never have been.
To me, it degrades the feeling one should have when thinking about delving into either reading or writing a description of what they're doing in their life, whether it be funny or serious.
Blog sounds like something thought-up by some self-professed whizz kid.
Also sounds kind of computer geeky, too.
Maybe it was dreamt-up by a self-professed whizz kid computer geek.
One who somehow wants to make a profit somewhere.

No, if I had it my way, it would simply be called a log or a diary, like I'd learned in grammar school from some level-headed people who didn't seem to me that they'd been brainwashed by any kind of new-age propaganda, hadn't gotten burned-out from too much weed, and just seemed like they wanted to teach you something worth knowing.
Like I said, those school days were in grammar school, mind you.
By the time the 1980s came around (actually 1979) and I started high school in the (relatively) big city, I could immediately feel the difference in the way the teachers behaved.
The younger ones (baby boomers and younger, born during or after WW ll) all seemed to be effected to some degree by new age beliefs, where morals written in books like the Bible were to be tossed out the window because they were just too old, too restrictive, and simply not hip with the times.
The thing that made me notice this the most is that, because they were so preoccupied with trying to act like their own personal version of Shirley MacLaine and act all new-agey, the quality of their teaching sucked.
Sucked big time.
In fact, if I were to accidentally stumble into a room where all of my ex-high school teachers were sitting around a table and yakking (if they could all still be alive, that is) and they turned and asked me what I though of my four years there and if I thought I'd learned anything, I'd positively say, "It was a waste of time that I was forced to live through.", and, "Hell no!".

Really.
Thinking back on it, the quality of the education was pretty poor.
There were a few older teachers who didn't agree with this new sucky way of teaching kids, I have to assume, and they seemed like decent people trapped in a school of idiots, basically.
They might not have said that out loud, but I'd think they thought it in private.
Of course, the whole reason for such lousy education to start with comes from the top and goes down to the schools like I went to.
Groups (or councils, organizations, boards, panels, committees, or whatever fancy name you care to hang on them) of people who believe that they are so superior to you and so much better than you in every way (not to mention having swindled lots of money into their own bank accounts) want you to get not just a shit education, but want you to basically serve them and what they want from life or fuck-off and die.
Literally.
If giving every kid a good education to the same level that these elitists' kids get was truly important to them, I think all kids would get it.
But, you may as well expect them to pour the money out of their bank accounts to help relieve some needy person who is struggling with all of the taxes they are told they must pay in order to live.
Taxes created by these same elite people.
I mean, where do you suppose the vast majority of your tax money goes to?
I mean, the VAST majority.
It sure as fuck doesn't go into making the paved roads in my town, the neighboring town, or the town after that any better than they've been since they were first paved back in 1930-something.

Hell of a system we live in, ain't it?

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment