Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I Just Ate 103 Hamburgers


The 1986 Kawasaki KDX-200C1.
My 5th motorcycle, and my second brand-new one.

I'm not a Kawasaki guy.
Not by a long shot.
In fact, I like to nickname Kawasaki motorcycles cute names like Kawasaga.

For some reason, in early 1986, I traded my YZ-125K in toward this KDX.
I believe at the time, I'd become brainwashed that this KDX would be a much better bike for me.
Well, when all was said and done, after owning it for about 6 months, I just didn't feel like owning it any longer (I guess green ain't for me), so I decided to sell it and buy another Yamaha - another brandy-new bike called an XT-550K.

The XT was a new, leftover 1983 model dual-purpose bike, and I had a lot of fun with this one.
Being a big bike for off-road use around in the woods, I rode it off-road relatively little, getting my kicks with it on the back roads.
It was a wheelie fool of a bike, that's for sure.
Wheelies from a dead stop, for example, were easy and fun.

Since I also needed a bike for more serious off-road use, I also bought in 1986 a bike called the TT-225S.
This was a little 4-stroke trail bike, with light weight, high maneuverability, and surprisingly good rear suspension, especially since it was regarded as an off-road playbike, not a serious rip-roaring racer.
I rode this one for about a year, and had many good rides with it.

Off to jerk,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment