Thursday, August 26, 2010

I Have a Collection of 112 Cracker Jack Prizes


The 1987 Yamaha TW-200T, even though the pic says 1989.
This was my next motorcycle after the TT-225S, and another brand-new one.
It was a dual-purpose bike, one that was supposed to be a street-legal version of the Yamaha BW-200 models, which were dirt bikes with big ATV-style balloon tires.

I liked the TW because it was very good at slow-paced trail riding and trail blazing.
That is:
Making your way through the woods where there wasn't even a trail to begin with.
It excelled at this because it had a low seat height, sharp turning radius, gentle and torquey power delivery, and the fat tires gripped the ground out in the middle of the woods very well.
It felt right at home snaking the way through trees, over ruined stone walls, and up the side of a steep hill out in the middle of nowhere.

I had that bike for about a year, and had a lot of trail riding fun on it.
As the pic shows, it wasn't a YZ, but that wasn't the intended purpose of the bike - going at a much slower pace was.
The trick was to have fun at a much slower pace, so that's why I'd go for the gnarly woods with the bike.

I had this bike when I took a job at my local Honda/Yamaha/Kawasaki dealer, a place called Central Sports.
Now, THAT deserves a few posts all of it's very own. :)

I think I'll actually be able to ride the WR-250R into work this morning.
God.

Off to jerk,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment