Sunday, August 1, 2010

86 Ways to Pick Your Nose

Catchy title, ain't it? :)

Just got back in from washing the WR-250FY after my usual Sunday loop through that wonderful smattering of public Connecticut land known affectionately by me as the Pachaug rock pile.
The trails are rocky, in case you don't understand.

It was another good one, and I rode the bike well, considering my advanced age.
Those Bridgestone M22/M23 tires are magic, once again, and the WR-250FY continues to delight me, once again.
I am so glad I bought it - it's a fantastic bike.

I saw three other riders out there, all on 2-stroke motocross bikes:
A 1983 Suzuki RM-125D (even though the guy riding it said it was a 1982. Well, not with the dark blue seat cover it had, buster).
A CR-125R, which looked to be around a 2ooo model.
And last, and certainly least because it was a Kawasaki, a KX-125, approximately a 2000 model, as well.

They were just three guys out enjoying riding dirt bikes on parts of the trails that I use, although being out there with non-registered bikes like they had is a no-no.
I didn't say anything about this to them, and I'm sure they're aware of the situation - they just want a place to ride, and I've been in those shoes many times.
The tree police, AKA DEP, probably wouldn't give a shit about that, though, and would be more than willing to issue a ticket to each of them for doing that.
Good luck, fellas.

Time to dig into the pizza that's baking in the oven.

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment