Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Early to Bed, Early to Rise

Went to bed early and got up early today, and this will probably be one of those days where I'll eat an early lunch as soon as I get to jerk. :) ****************************** I could easily ride the WR-250XX into jerk today, but, as I get older, I feel like riding in the cold weather less and less. This morning is around 32 degrees, and although for the next couple of days the daytime highs will be around 50, I'm inside working during those hours. So, it very well may be a couple more weeks before I start riding the bike into jerk regularly. I'm not saddened or feeling bad about this because it's what I really want to do, and the weather will come soon enough. ************************* Been reading more silly shit on motorcycling message boards, and lately, one of them has sprouted a new "head honcho", the kind of guy who knows everything, has an explanation for everything, believes he can reason his way through any discussion and come out on top as the "victor" through superior intellect (with big 50-cent words and lots of them with extremely long posts), and, basically, thinks he's always right and everyone else is seriously missing the boat. In other words: His way of looking at the very same motorcycle I own is the only way that truly makes sense. My view on that is he's just another know-it-all that more than likely can't ride or wrench his way out of a wet paper bag, but gets a big thrill from writing essays on message boards and putting other members in their place by trying to make them feel like they've got it all wrong, or at the very least, make other members realize that they fail to adequately explain their views and make them seen viable. ************************ The thing that typically happens to these big egos, though, is that the old saying often comes up to bite them on their I-know-everything ass: The bigger they are, the harder they fall. Because, you see, almost everyone will eventually become complacent, get more and more ballsy (brave), and eventually start putting their foot in their mouth in grand fashion. It happens nearly every time. :) ********************* Off to jerk, -John

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, folks, but this P.O.S. website ain't taking paragraphs, again. :(

    ReplyDelete