Sunday, October 30, 2011

342 Snowflakes Before Holloween


This pic shows two things new to me:
The truck is the 2011 Ford Ranger XL Supercab (sounds mighty impressive, huh? Who thinks of this stuff?) that I bought since my trusty 2004 Ranger XL got hit by another motorist this past Tuesday.
I needed a truck to carry on with life, and I was not too impressed with the used ones I saw for sale in the area.
They all wanted more than I felt they were worth, or had high mileage, or were outright P.O.S. "mechanics specials", which means they needed time and money put into them to make them sound and reliable.
No, thanks.
So, I threw my arms up, said, "Fuck it.", and bought another new one.
So, I've gone from no monthly vehicle payment to, once again, having a monthly vehicle payment.
Sucks, but, I didn't like the feeling of possibly buying a used truck that was either a rip-off in price, or a P.O.S. that would be a pain in the ass in the long run.
So, here's the 2011 model in the driveway.
Weeeee. :)

The other new thing in the pic is last night's "record and historic" snowfall.
I agree that getting measurable snow on the ground before Halloween could be some kind of record, but the amount I got in my neighborhood is a minuscule inch-and-a-half or thereabouts.
Supposedly, other towns in Connecticut got 10 or more inches, but, I'm not going to be driving out there today before it melts to see whether or not that's true or bullshit.
Yeah, I do think that even weather reports contain bullshit.
The predicted amounts sure failed miserably in my front yard, and I'm soooooooo glad they were way off, as is common, and if you were to go to weather.com and read the forecast for my town last night, you were reading predictions of 6 to 10 inches.
Period.
You were also shown video clips of their roving weatherman out near a busy road, acting as if he were braving the worst weather he'd seen in his life.
Typical, as they will always hype it up and make you feel like you are REALLY missing something if you don't stay tuned.
Well, you were wrong, again, guys who get paid to predict the weather, and I'm soooooo glad we didn't get shit for snow.
It should all be melted by the end of the afternoon with a sunny day and (below normal) 40-ish temperatures for a high.

Well, I got both tires changed on the WR-250FY firebreather, and since the snow should melt away, whether or not I go for a ride, today, really depends on how I feel, physically.
If I feel chilly, I probably won't.
If I feel good, I probably will.
That's how it goes when the weather temps dip below normal.

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment