Saturday, October 22, 2011

339 Photons of Light Strike My Eyeball

Today, I went for another ride on the ol' Pachaug rock pile enduro loop, riding the WR-250FY, of course.
I brought the bike to jerk with me, and if you have read my past posts, you know I go into jerk for a Saturday morning freebee, usually from a half-hour to a couple of hours, depending on what NEEDS to be done and how much freebee juice I have in me at the time. ;)

I hit the trails at 9:57am, and I saw a group of riders (5 of them, if I recall) heading back toward where they parked their trucks at the start parking lot.
They were all (except for the last one, who seemed like a slow straggler) mounted on late-model KTM 2-stroke motorcycles, bikes that get a hearty thumbs-up from the off-road crowd.
I don't know whether they were just finishing their loop, or if they had to stop and turn back toward the trucks for something, but I never saw them again.

My ride was a good one, and I felt good on the bike.
The bright sunshine was really the only thing bugging me, and that's because I have a problem with picking out details on the ground in bright sunlight, even with the darkest goggle lens that Oakley makes for my L-Frame goggles.
It figures, though, that once I got home and immediately washed the bike, the sky was completely cloudy as if it might rain.
Cloudy for hours, too.
Damn.
I wish it would have been like that earlier while I was riding. :)

I'll decide tomorrow as to whether or not I'll go on a Sunday ride.
I should change both tires (yes, again), but I want to milk one more weekend out of them before I do, even though I already have two new Bridgestone M22 and M23 tires right here beside me.

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment