Saturday, October 22, 2011

338 Dead Leaves on the Ground

Yes, folks, that's what fall is all about:
Lots of dead leaves falling off the trees because it is gradually getting darker and colder around here.
Isn't nature so natural? ;)

Well, I went for a bit of a hike along some of the Pachaug enduro loop last Sunday (since I decided to take the day off from riding it on my WR-250FY), and now, I wish I'd have ridden it, instead, because I saw no other hikers out there to chat with about the lovely leaves on the trees.
Oh, well.
It was worth a shot.
I still get a chuckle when I remember the deer-in-the-headlights expression on the faces of these hikers when I approach them on my motorcycle.
I really do believe they do not realize they're walking on a legal motorcycle trail loop.

Today (Saturday), I'm heading on out to the ol' Pachaug rock pile nice and early, and will probably be on the trail by 10:30am.

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment