Monday, July 4, 2011

311, and it's Not the Sucky Pop Band from the 1990s


Fourth of July Fun Factory on Wheels.


I rode a few hundred miles on the WR-250XX this holiday weekend, and it was a good bit of riding, too.
I rode some of my usual roads that I know well, as well as some that I've never had this bike on.
It was some sporty, good fun, and it felt nice to have a full 2-day weekend for a change.

You know, the last place I worked where 2-day weekends were the norm was at a factory that made boxes, just a couple of miles from where I live.
I worked there from May of 1984 until April of 1987, and at the time, the place was called the Federal Paper Board Company Folding Carton Division.
Most people just called it the Federal box shop for short. :)

Funny thing is that for the past few months, I've seen no cars parked out front, and haven't heard the usual noises emanating from the place.
It basically looks deserted and shut down.
I should satisfy my curiosity and ask somebody what the heck happened to the ol' box shop.

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment