Sunday, July 24, 2011

317 Mosquitos Buzzing Around my Head


The WR-250FY after the wash after today's ride in the Pachaug rock pile.

I didn't ride the WR-250FY yesterday (Saturday) because I felt like I was effected by some kind of 24 hour bug.
I wasn't sick, but fighting it off made me feel uncoordinated and my concentration suffered, things I could definitely tell since I rode the WR-250XX into jerk in the morning.
That's not a good combination for having a good ride, and I didn't feel great on the bike riding to and from work, so, I waited until today to ride the WR-250FY.

How was it?
Pretty good.
I got a bit tired on one section early on that has a lot of rocks, and the heat and humidity helped to sap my energy, but, once clear of that early section, I felt good, all-in-all.
I once again enjoyed the pine-needled sections, and the last section of the dash back to the starting point felt very good, indeed.
The bike felt just fine, performed well, and I felt good because I was riding in a decent manner.
In fact, I actually felt better as the ride went on, and once home, I washed the bike and all of my riding gear, too.

I came across a couple of guys 4-wheeling in some old compact pickup truck about 10 miles before the end.
I pulled off to the side to allow the bucket of bolts room to pass by without running me over, and as the driver pulled along side me, he stopped and asked, "Hey. Are there any more of you?"

What that means is he was asking if there were any more dirt bike riders coming up behind me that he'd have to look out for.
I told him there were none as far as I knew, but that he should still be on the lookout in case there were.
The reason I added the second half of my reply was because the trail we were on is not even a legal place to drive an off-road truck to my knowledge, and I think it would suck if somebody became a hood ornament.

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment