Saturday, May 14, 2011

301: Weekend of Fun?


The WR-250FY firebreather, as it's sat for several months while I pay attention to my other bike, the WR-250XX.
I might actually ride this bike this weekend.


I've got a slight cold right now.
Springtime colds suck, you know.
Somewhere, there's an old paper parchment with words written on it declaring that no man shall have to suffer through a cold during nice weather.
This parchment is under a glass case, of course, with velvet ropes and brass poles sectioning it off from being touched. :)

I'm just about to the point to where I'm starting to get the ambition to actually hear my WR-250FY firebreather run, again, which has not been started since I winterized it back in the first week of cold, cold December.
Basically, since I've been riding my WR-250XX on the street so far this year, and it is my most recently-bought bike, that has been getting the use.
Now, I'm making plans to put the WR-250FY back together from winter layover, start it in order to confirm that, yes indeed, it still does in fact run, and take it out to the ol' Pachaug rock pile for the season's shakedown ride.

Shakedown ride?
That's to basically test the results of my winter maintenance and tinkering, to confirm that the bike is working properly and to test the feel and settings of the freshly-serviced suspension.
If something needs to be tweaked in order to satisfy my desires, you do this on a shakedown ride, not when you are planning to go out for a bona-fide ride ride.
Geddit?
I hope so. :)

Off to another wonderful freebee Saturday at jerk,
-John

2 comments:

  1. Get thousands of visitors to your site by placing your link on our link directory, for free!
    Link directories give your site free backlinks, better page ranking and lots of traffic. You can get an even better service by paying for better ad placements!
    Check us out at www.eltabasqueno.org

    Recibe miles de visitantes a su sitio mediante la colocación de su enlace en nuestro directorio de enlaces, ¡gratis!
    Directorios Enlace dar a sus vínculos de retroceso sin sitio, mejor ranking de páginas y un montón de tráfico. Usted puede obtener un mejor servicio mediante el pago de ubicaciones de anuncios mejor!
    Visítenos en www.eltabasqueno.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, thanks, "chris", oui, oui, bon jour, bon jour.
    I don't speak Spanish, either, thank God.

    Is this what computer geeks call spam?

    ReplyDelete